Beliefs & Teachings
Beliefs & Teachings
We believe in the divine inspiration of the Bible, and endorse all the teachings contained in it. Following is a summary of the basic teachings of our faith.
- THE DIVINE TRINITY consists of three Persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost, perfectly united as one. Matthew 3:16-17; 1 John 5:7.
- REPENTANCE is a godly sorrow for sin with a renunciation of sin. Isaiah 55:7; Matthew 4:17.
- SALVATION is the act of God’s grace whereby we receive forgiveness for sins and stand before God as though we had never sinned. Romans 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- SANCTIFICATION or Holiness, the act of God’s grace whereby we are made holy, is the second definite work and is subsequent to justification. John 17:15-21; Hebrews 13:12.
- THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST is the enduement of power from on high upon the clean, sanctified life, and is evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. Luke 24:49; Acts 1:5-8; 2:1-4.
- DIVINE HEALING of sickness is provided through the atonement. James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24.
- THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS will be just as literal and visible as His going away. Acts 1:9-11. There will be two appearances under one coming: First, to catch away His waiting Bride. Matthew 24:40-44; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; second, to execute judgment upon the ungodly. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Jude 14-15.
- THE GREAT TRIBULATION will occur between Christ’s coming for His Bride and His return in judgment. Isaiah 26:20-21; Revelation 9 and 16.
- CHRIST’S MILLENNIAL REIGN is the literal 1000 years of peaceful reign by Jesus on earth. Isaiah 11 and 35.
- THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT is the final judgment when all the wicked dead will stand before God. Revelation 20:11-15.
- THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH will replace the present heaven and earth, which will be destroyed after the Great White Throne Judgment. 2 Peter 3:12-13; Revelation 21:1-3.
- ETERNAL HEAVEN AND ETERNAL HELL are literal places of final destiny, each as eternal as the other. Matthew 25:41-46; Luke 16:22-28.
- MARRIAGE IS FOR LIFE, a holy institution that is binding before God, giving neither partner liberty to marry again as long as the first companion lives. Mark 10:6-12; Romans 7:1-3.
- RESTITUTION is subsequent to salvation, wherein wrongs against our fellowmen are made right in order to have a clear conscience before God and man. Ezekiel 33:15; Matthew 5:23-24.
- WATER BAPTISM is by one immersion "in the name of the Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER is an institution ordained by Jesus so that we might remember His death until He returns. Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23,26.
- WASHING THE DISCIPLES’ FEET is practiced according to the example and commandment Jesus gave. John 13:14-15.
Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
We believe the whole Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. The Bible is our sole rule of faith and practice. Whatever authority tradition, prophetic revelation, or experience have, they are secondary to and only valuable in as much as they are in agreement with Scripture.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless humanity, in His miracles, in His vicarious sufferings and atoning sacrifice through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His future catching away of His church and personal return to establish His kingdom on earth.
We believe in the resurrection of the body; those who are believers to eternal glory in heaven and those who are unbelievers to everlasting punishment in hell.
We believe that lost and sinful mankind is made righteous only through personal faith alone in Jesus Christ alone by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that all believers are called to holiness in heart and life, that they are called to lead people of all nations to faith in Christ and growth in Christ likeness, that they may go to God in expectation of bodily healing, and may experience the baptism in the Holy Spirit. We believe that the normal initial evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Speaking in tongues edifies oneself, and should only be spoken in a public setting when there is an interpreter or the person can interpret. I Corinthians 14:2-5
We are saved through the confession of our sins and believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of all man kind. Romans 10:9,10
Faith's 14 Memory Verses
Faith's 14 Memory Verses
- Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. Ephesians 1:21
- For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
- Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Ephesians 3:20
- Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
- For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10
- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
- But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, the just shall live by faith. Galatians 3:11
- Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
- This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16
- Being confident of this very thing, that He which has begun a good work in you shall perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
- Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than themselves. Philippians 2:3
- Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
- I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Is there anything too hard for The Lord? At the appointed time I will return unto you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Genesis 18:14
FAITH INSPIRATIONAL CHURCH
357 E.PALMER STREET
COMPTON, CA 90221